People often say that interviewing is a two-way street; over the past few weeks I've definitely found that to be true. Because I want to work in consulting over the long-term I'm very focused on finding the right fit. I've debated how to continue to blog about my experiences as some of my interviews have very helpfully helped me determine that a given organization is not what I'm looking for.
When I began blogging about business school my intention was to increase transparency about topics that are quite mysterious (or seemed that way to me). I had a difficult time finding information online about what it's actually like being in business school, and there are many things I know now that I wish I'd known earlier in the school year. This particularly pertains to recruiting.
I don't have much time to blog right now but want to share my experiences with Accenture and Diamond in particular as soon as this interviewing whirlwind comes to an end. Below is a list of additional blog posts on my short list. What else do you think I should blog about? Knowing what you know now, what else would you have wanted to read about earlier in the recruiting process, school year, or school selection process?
Short List:
1. Recruiting Awards - in honor of the Academy Awards, award companies with their own "best" awards for various recruiting categories.
2. Advice for Aspiring Consultants Pre-Recruiting - what classes do I wish I'd taken, what would I have done differently during first quarter recruiting, misc. other pointers and tips.
3. Plan B - a reality check about supply vs. demand of summer consulting internships, and assorted other thoughts about what to do when life doesn't necessarily go the way we thought would be best.
No comments:
Post a Comment